As my trip is now days or hours away rather than weeks away, I figured I should give a little overview by the numbers:
* Hours until I leave: 41
* Travel time to get to Dutch Harbor (including layovers): 14 1/2 hours
* Legs of Flight: 3
* Days at Sea: 20
* Current temperature in our port, Dutch Harbor: 47°F
* Current temperature in DC: 94°F
* Temperature difference between DC and Dutch Harbor: 47°F cooler in AK
* Hours of Daylight in Dutch Harbor today: almost 19
* Number of teachers on my trip: 2 (including me)
* Number of scientists: 15 (again, including me)
* Crew members: approximately 12-15 but I will have to update
* Number of posts per week, anticipated: Around 4
* Amount of extra credit my students will earn if they comment on a post: 1 Homework Assignment
* Number of people who have asked me to report when I can see Russia from our boat: 10
* Episodes of Deadliest Catch watched in preparation: 2
* Number of school-related items on my to-do list that have to get done before I leave: 6
* Number of items packed: Currently, none...but I do have a pile and a list...
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ms. Kimport! I am SUPER jealous. Have a fantastic trip and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up to be a guest speaker during the next 7/8 Oceans in Crisis expedition :) I'll be reading along to see where your new expertise will best fit in!
ReplyDeleteMs. Kimport!!! It's Sophie...nice to hear that you will have a great trip!!!!! I wish I could go with you :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Ms.Kimport !!! I had no idea you got selected for this trip. COOLEST THING EVER !!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be following your adventures. Have an amazing time.
Artistically
Jose Miguel
Hi! Hope your travels went well. Got your message and now I'm going to post this link to Facebook! Have a good time on this adventure.
ReplyDeleteVery cool. Love the data points, and am looking forward to following you.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great time.
Betsy